Definition and function of cookies
Cookies are small text files that websites store on your computer, Smartphone, Tablet, or any other Internet access device.
Cookies help us to identify, store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize the user.
With the acceptance provided when accessing and browsing this website, you give your consent to receive said Cookies. Through them, ALQO WASI only obtains and keeps the information under the conditions described in this Cookies Policy.
The information collected in the cookies also allows us to improve the web, by estimating numbers and patterns of use, adapting the website to the individual interests of users, speeding up searches, etc.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Own cookies: are those that are managed and sent directly from ALQO WASI.
- Third-party cookies: are those that are sent from a domain or a web page that is not managed by ALQO WASI, but by a third collaborator.
- Technical cookies: are those essential that allow the user to navigate through the website, platform, or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the process of purchasing an order, request registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the broadcasting of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks. These types of cookies are what make it possible for the user to use the web page, which is why its acceptance is mandatory, and it cannot be rejected or configured in that sense. The only option not to accept this type of cookie is to refrain from using the website.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed. , the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Functionality/performance cookies: those that are used to provide services to the user, remember the settings, improve the visit, keep the session active, etc.
- Analysis cookies: are those that are well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out statistical measurement and analysis of the use that users make of the service offered. For this, your browsing on our website is analyzed to improve the offer of products or services that we offer you.
- Advertising cookies: they are those that, well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to manage in the most efficient way possible the offer of the advertising spaces that are on the web page, adapting the content of the advertisement to the content of the requested service or to the use you make from our website. For this, we can analyze your browsing habits on the Internet and we can show you advertising related to your browsing profile.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application, or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
With your consent, this website uses the web analytics services provided by Hotjar Ltd., with registered office at Level 2, St. Julians Business Center, 3 Elia Zammit Street, St. Julians STJ 1000, Malta (hereinafter “Hotjar ”).
Hotjar allows activities on the website to be tracked using so-called Heatmaps. By using Hotjar’s Heatmaps service, you can see, for example, how far users scroll the scroll bar, how they navigate the website, what links they click on, and how often they click.
This website also uses the Recordings function offered by Hotjar. This service records certain data about how users navigate the website during a session, in this case, from Alqo Wasi; for example, changes in the HTML that occur when visiting the website, mouse movements, and clicks, scrolling of the bar, or how the browser window is resized. Keystrokes are also capable of being logged, in the case of certain input fields.
By using the Hotjar services mentioned above, very valuable information is acquired on how users interact and how they navigate the website to make it faster and more intuitive. In addition to information about a user’s interaction and navigation (such as links they decide to click, mouse movements, etc. as explained above) the size of the device’s screen, the type of device, information about the browser and the operating system, the geographical location (only the country), the preferred language to display the website, and the IP address of the device (captured and stored only in its anonymous form).
Hotjar does not record the content or personal information with which users fill in a field or that they send through the website.
Hotjar creates a Hotjar Tracking Code to track how a user uses the website using a Hotjar cookie.
The legal basis for using Hotjar cookies is your consent (article 6, section 1, letter a) of the GDPR). We will only use Hotjar cookies if you explicitly allow it. Even if you have allowed the use of Hotjar cookies, you can deactivate it at any time by modifying the cookie settings below. You can also disable this feature by following the instructions at: hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out.
The legal basis for the further processing of data collected through Hotjar, such as use, analysis, and storage, is Article 6, Section 1, Letter f) of the GDPR. The legitimate interest pursued is to improve and optimize this website for the benefit of the user.
At any time you can exercise your right to object to said treatment for reasons related to your particular situation, for which you can deactivate the use of tracking cookies through the tracking cookie settings below.