Alqo Wasi is devoted to creating timeless and authentic pieces made of luxurious alpaca fiber blends.
Alpaca is one of the world’s most luxurious fabrics, “it” is a jewel among all other synthetic fibers and harsh materials found in our everyday lives. The world of high fashion recognizes alpaca for its natural attributes:
Natural thermostat: Alpaca fiber traps body heat in cooler temperatures and releases it in the warmer ones.
Pilling: The silky fiber and long hairs of alpaca wool allow less pilling compared to other fibers.
Animal-friendly: Alpaca is not harmed during the shearing process.
Softness (hand): Alpaca fiber is silky, soft, supple, and smooth to the touch. It is prized for its unique silky feel and luxurious handle. Alpaca is as soft as cashmere and warmer and stronger than lambs’ wool.
Elasticity and Resistance: Alpaca fiber is unusually strong, resilient, and has very good elasticity, making it possible to compare it with wool and other animal fibers.
Lanolin-free: Lanolin is grease found in most sheep’s wool that protects the fiber, imparts a “unique” odor, and is the cause of wool allergies. “Alpaca” fiber does not itch, and it is hypoallergenic.
Does not preserve humidity.
In order to calculate your pooch’s size, you’ll need to measure your dog’s length from the base of the neck to the base of their tail, which serves as the primary measurement in our clothing. The neck, as well as the breed guide provided in the sizing chart, will help ensure you select the correct size for your dog in the particular product style you desire.
* Specially handmade: You have a one-of-a-kind knitted garment. All sizes given must be considered as approximations, and variations should be expected and celebrated.
* Bear in mind that each product category (sweaters, ponchos, organic cotton t-shirts, accessories) follows a different size chart.
* The following sizing charts are for average size of dogs. Note that dogs vary according to breed, bone-structure, hair density and age. Our clothing runs fairly larger than other pet apparel brands.
Sweater and dresses sizing chart
Click here to see more tips about the best way of caring for your alpaca clothes.
At Alqo Wasi we are convinced that the high quality of our products is the result of careful attention to small details, both by the skillful hands of our craftsmen as well as by the quality of the materials.
We combine textile heritage and global trends with alpaca—a raw, sustainable, and luxurious fiber to make our designs unique. With Glocal designs, our alpaca dog sweaters are carefully handcrafted by Peruvian artisans.
Hand-washing is the gentlest method of cleaning an alpaca garment. Follow these four steps and your purchase will give your four legged companion years of luxurious comfort and wear.
1. Gently wash in warm water with a mild soap or shampoo and thoroughly rinse in water of the same temperature. Specialcare must be taken as wet alpaca fabric can weaken and stretch out of shape. Never wring or twist. Gently press excess water from garment.
2. Lay it on a dry towel. Ease the garment back into shape and roll up in the towel. Press to remove excess water and repeat this step with a second towel.
3. Lay the sweater flat to dry on a fresh, dry towel, until thoroughly air dried.
4. Never hang an alpaca sweater as it will stretch the garment out of shape. Lay flat in a drawer or on a shelf.
If stains persist: Dry cleaning may be the only solution.
We do not recommend machine washing. In the event you decide to use washing machine please secure the garment in a tied pillowcase and set on gentle cycle; cool water. Do not use drying machine.
Luxurious blend of Baby Alpaca, Merino Wool, Polyamide and Acrylic.
60 % Alpaca, 22% Acrylic, 12% Polyamide and 6% Wool.