Why Sheep Wool?
For a long time ago, sheep have been able to adapt to the harshest environments thanks to their wool that protects them during hot, cold, wet and dry seasons.
One of the great advantages of wool is its breathability. That is, its ability to absorb and release moisture from the surrounding air, without compromising its thermal efficiency.
Because of their crimped nature, when sheep wool fibers are packed together, they form tiny air pockets which trap air, and in turn serves to keep warmth in during winter and out in the summer.
They also give the manufactured product a particularly good resilience. This means that insulation made from wool will retain its thickness, one of the main contributors to insulation efficiency. As wool contains moisture, it is fire resistant, extinguishing itself when the source of flame is removed.
- Wool is natural, renewable and sustainable
- It causes no irritation to the eyes, skin, or lungs and wool fibers present no hazard to your pet’s health.
- Wool fibers are breathable, they can absorb and release moisture without reducing thermal performance, unlike fiberglass-based products.
- Sheep Wool insulation does not settle due to the high elasticity of the wool fibers ensuring no loss of performance over time.
- While absorbing moisture, wool releases energy in the form of heat, allowing the temperature of its surrounding areas to rise. By naturally releasing this moisture in the warmer seasons, wool creates a cooling effect in the environment.
Natural and Sustainable
Sheep wool is a 100% natural product: since sheep produce wool naturally, its production requires a fraction of the energy than those of artificial wool, and most of this energy is required to wash the wool before use.
Is a sustainable and renewable resource that has zero ozone depletion potential and at the end of it's useful life can be remanufactured or biodegraded.
Our pure wool squeaky toys are a natural choice for your dog. Woven in a pedal loom, embroidered in 100% sheep's wool and finally plumped with 100% raw wool fill.
We work with workshops located in the south- central Andes of Peru. The richness and quality of craftsmanship in the area have made this little town known as the Capital of Folk and Art of Peru.